Israel's NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd stated it has received five bids for the NIS15 billion (USD4.3 billion) tender to build and operate Tel Aviv's light rail transit (LRT) Purple and Green lines (en.globes.co.il, 15-Sep-2020). As previous reported by the Centre for Rail, the Purple Line is scheduled to commence operations in 2025, providing a light rail service from Tel Aviv Central Savidor Station to Tel Hashomer, with a northern branch line extension to Givat Shmuel and a southern branch line to Bnei Atarot Junction. The 38km Green Line extension will connect to Holon via central Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv University, to Kiryat Atidim and Herzliya Pituah. The five consortia bidding for the tender include:
- CAF and Shapir Engineering and Industry;
- CRCC, CRRC, Shikun & Binui Holdings Ltd, and Egged Israel Transport Cooperative Society;
- Alstom, Electra Ltd and Dan;
- China Harbor, Minrav Holdings and Allied, and;
- CREC, The Noy Fund, and The Phoenix Holdings Ltd.